RADAR is Northern Ireland’s first fully interactive, safety and life skills education centre since it's opening in January 2016. It’s interactive, fun, and informative. RADAR gives young people a unique chance to explore dangerous situations in a risk free environment. RADAR currently caters for three age groups:
- Key Stage 2 (9 - 11 year olds)
- Key Stage 4 (14 – 16 year olds)
- Young Drivers (17 +)
Key Stage 2
Children will be introduced to a number of safety and life skill learning zones by a trained member of RADAR staff. Children will spend 12 minutes in each learning zone and will focus on three key messages. RADAR has more than 20 learning zones for teachers and community group leaders to choose from, so we can tailor your tour to your needs. Each child who visits RADAR will learn key skills that they need to keep themselves and their families safe. For more detail, please click here.
Key Stage 4
Young people will spend between 30 and 90 minutes exploring key issues that affect them. The hard hitting and realistic nature of our learning zones ensure lasting messages. A visit to RADAR is a must for young people looking to navigate through life’s challenges.
Click here for more information on tours for young people.
What are the benefits of RADAR?
- Help children and young people to keep themselves safe.
- A radical and innovate approach to safety and life skills education.
- Current and accurate lessons that are expert led. For more information on our partners, please click here.
- Reduced numbers of young people coming into contact with the criminal justice system.